Maxillofacial & Anesthesiology
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is the dental specialty which focuses upon the diagnosis, surgical management of disorders, trauma, defects, benign and malignant pathology, infection, esthetic aspects of the face, mouth, jaws and neck.
The guiding principles of OMS include compassion, respect and acknowledgement of the inherent dignity of patients; high moral and ethical standards; commitment to lifelong learning; and technical excellence in the full scope of the profession.
It is a major subject in the Final year, which is taught and examined according to the prescribed BMDC Syllabus.
The primary objective of the undergraduate program is to provide didactic and clinical training in routine dento alveolar surgery, management of medically compromised patients, local anesthesia and sedation, and pain control and emergency patient management.
OMS is designed in a way that the students are trained to diagnose disease, injuries , defect of jaw bones and associated structures. Students are trained to encounter maxillofacial trauma, complication, preparation of oral surgery patient, tooth extraction, post operative care and other minor oral surgery procedure.
This facility offers a full-range of surgical treatment on both an inpatient and outpatient basis. If hospital admission is required, patients are normally admitted to CIDCH.
This facility evaluates and treats referred patients for oral and maxillofacial surgery problems, which may require hospitalization. This includes patients with:
▪ Oral pathological problems (cysts or tumors of the jaws and associated areas)
▪ Temporomandibular joint disorders
▪ Dentoalveolar surgery, e.g. removal of buried or impacted teeth
▪ Maxillofacial trauma/ fractures
▪ Treatment of oral-facial pain
▪ Treatment of oral mucosal diseases
▪ Treatment of TMJ ankylosis
Specilaized Oral surgery clinic
Laser and Dental Implant surgery
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery:
1. Contemporary Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (5th Edition). By: Peterron, Ellis, Hupp, Tucker.
2. Fuadure of Faual Skeleton. By: Peterson Banks, Andrew, Brown.
3. Maxillofacial inrexies. By: A synopsin of Basic principle, Diagnosis george dimension.
4. Medical Problem in Dentistry (7th Edition). By: Crisprian scelly.
5. Text Book of Local Anesthesia. By:
6. Oral Radiology Principles and Interpretion (7th Edition). By: White, Pharash.
1. Lecture class
2. Tutorial class
3. Clinical class
4. Examination test
▪ Monthly written test
▪ Ward Final Test. (Clinical & oral )
▪ Card final exam (Written, OSPE, OSCE & Oral)
▪ Term final exam (Written, OSPE, OSCE & Oral)
▪ Professional exam (both written & viva)
|Dr. Mohammad Ali Hossain|
|Cell #|| |
|Email Address|| |
|Academic Qualification|| |
|Post Graducation|| |
|Working Experiance|| |
|Extra Curricular Activities|| |
|Name of Publication|