Department of Surgery
AIMS & SCOPE:
Aim of the course is to prepare the students for operative manual & instrumental technique on a patient to investigate and or treat a pathological condition such as disease or injury, to help improve bodily function or appearance or to repair unwanted ruptured areas.
As surgery is a technology consisting of a physical intervention on tissue and muscle. In modern surgery an operating theatre. Surgical instrument, aseptic techniques, pere-operative care plays a vital role in surgical outcome & high standard health care facilities.
We try to understand & gear up the students knowledge up to the mark to serve the people in their respective field with high standard care knowledge & technique.
▪ General Surgery
▪ Gynaecology & obstratics.
▪ Neuro Surgery
▪ Oral and maxillofacial surgery
▪ Oto laryngology
▪ Paediatric Surgery
1. A well established 11 storied 250 bed hospital premises & modern equipped operation theatre & on going development of modern
2. To train up the students about basic surgical skills both theoretical and practical.
1. Baileys & loves short practice of surgery
2. Surgical Handicraft by James Kyle & Smith
3. Essential surgical practice by Cuschieri, Steele & Moossa
4. A Consige book of surgery by S. Das
5. SRBís manual of surgery.
6. Basic Surgical skill.
1. Lecture class
2. Tutorial class
3. Practical class- Ospe, Viva
4. Examination test
▪ Monthly written test
▪ Verbal test (item)
▪ Card final exam (both written & viva)
▪ Term final exam (both written & viva)
▪ Professional exam (both written & viva)
Name & Designation
Research Areas/ Interests
Prof. Dr. Zobier Hossain|
MBBS, MS (ENT)
Prof. & Head.
Dr. ATM Rezaul Karim|
MBBS, D Ortho
Asst Prof & Head.
Dr. Imran Ahmed|
Dr. Masudul Islam|