Dept. of Conservative dentistry and Dental Radiology deals with the conservation and restoration of decayed and missing parts of teeth aiming at form, function and aesthetics. The department has a well-equipped undergraduate clinic with 10 dental units and chairs exclusively for the final year B.D.S., students and post graduate trainee. The day today out patient in put ranges from 100 to 120 and the number of treated cases per day range up to 150.
Production of dental personnel, academic service and research development towards excellence both quality with morality.
Fruitage dental personnel with good moral and ethics, being leader in the field, conduct research to generate new knowledge and render service to the people.
1. Offer teaching and learning skill in the field of operative dentistry and endodontics, as well as produce dentist and dental personnel with quality and ethics to solve dental problem.
2. Serve as academic epicenter on operative dentistry and endododntics to other agency, dental personnel and people. 3. Research to develop new knowledge on dental material, dental equipment and new technology on restorative dentistry and endodontics for application in teaching, learning and service to solve dental problems of the country.
4. Condense dental service with update materials and technologies with good standard and fair price.
5. Endorse culture, tradition and the inimitability of Bangladesh characteristic.
The foremost objective of this dept. is to produce high quality dental surgeons and dental personnel’s to provide quality dental treatment for our population. The focus of conservative dentistry in the present times is not only on prevention and treatment of dental diseases but on meeting the demand for better aesthetics. Thus, conservative dentistry & endodontics is emerging as one of the most progressive and challenging medical & dental science. We are trying to endorse unity, personality, ethics and health of the staffs of the Department and the Faculty and sustain the arts and culture and character of Bengali nation.
Our first emphasize is the development of clinical and communication skills in primary oral healthcare, History taking, patient examination. We also have the facilities to ensure quality Clinical training to students from our distinguished clinical expertise. The clinical curriculum for the undergraduates include silver amalgam restorations, composite restorations, GIC restoration, pulp capping, apexigenesis, apexification, Root canal treatment, management of traumatic teeth, endodontic surgery. Being exposed to the clinics for the best time, students are constantly guided toward better patient management. There is a own department library for the clinical students with adequate books, national and international journals in Dentistry and basic medical sciences.
- Exclusive Microscopic Endodontic Centre.
- Continue Aesthetic and Endodontic training by national & International trainer.
- Establish clinical research facilities.
- Special Endodontic Training Manual.
- Non-surgical Endodontic treatment
- Endodontic restorative Procedure.
- Microscopic endodontic treatment.
- Endodontic Regenerative Procedures.
- Micro endo surgery.
- Non-surgical Endodontic Re treatment.
- Smile design.
- Tooth whitening.
- Tooth restoration.
- Management of Post Endodontic Pain
- Lecture class
- Tutorial class
- clinical class
- Examination Test
* Monthly written test
* Verbal test (item )
* Card final exam (both written & viva)
* Term final exam (both written & viva)
* Professional exam (both written & viva)